What to do, what to do? I stuck my head into my fridge and cupboards and within a few minutes, I was struck by lightning. JAM!
Random fruits, granulated sugar and a lemon. 30 minutes later: ta-da!!!
- half a lemon, zest and juice
- 2/3 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups mixed blueberries and quartered strawberries.
- dissolve the sugar in the lemon juice and zest over very low heat (about 10 minutes)
- add fruits, and let simmer 20 minutes, until a drop of liquid gels on a cold plate (I used a metallic plate, so as not to crack a ceramic one with heat shock)
- carefully fill a sterilized jar (one half-pint for that amount of jam works perfect).
Yes, it's that simple! Enjoy :D