There's nothing better than homemade fresh pasta.
You can use this recipe for any kind of pasta you want: long (spaghetti, tagliatelle), short (penne, macaroni), flat (lasagna) or even filled (ravioli, tortellini), you name it!
Very simple, two ingredients (three if you count the pinch of salt), 5 minutes mixing, 1 hour rest and however long it takes you to shape the pasta :D
- 5 eggs
- 500g semolina flour
- a pinch of salt
- break your eggs in the center of the semolina and salt in a bowl.
- mix with a spoon to start and your fingers when it's not too tacky anymore.
- knead the dough for a few minutes and shape into a ball.
Note: if it's still too tacky, add a little semolina (or AP flour) to dry it.
- wrap the dough in film and cool in the fridge for 1 hour.
- shape the cold ball into a log and cut in smaller pieces (I cut a log that big into four equal pieces).
- roll the dough into a pasta machine until the sheet is the thickness you want.
- Have fun with your freshly pressed pasta! They will cook in merely a few minutes in salted boiling water.