Summer is right around the corner!
The temperatures here on the East Coast are flirting with the 90s, and I'm stuck home with shingles which leaves me unable to go out and enjoy the sun with my friends *insert sad face here*.
But that does not mean I can't prepare myself a nice, light and delicious meal! No siree!
I took advantage of home delivery online grocery shopping and indulged in the heaviest, freshest, water-gorged fruits and veggies and stocked up my fridge ;)
Here's what I came up with for lunch.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 person as a meal, or 2 as a starter):
- 2 cups of diced watermelon
- 5 medium cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 large basil leaf (or 2 small)
- 3 small sprigs of fresh tarragon
- a pinch of freshly ground coriander seeds
- salt, pepper
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- put the watermelon cubes and tomato quarters in a bowl
- pick the tarragon leaves, roll inside the basil leaf and chop finely
- sprinkle the tomatoes and watermelon with the herbs, coriander, salt, pepper, vinegar and oil
- toss well and serve as a meal salad alongside a perfectly fried egg, and a tall glass of sugar-free pink grapefruit lemonade
- enjoy and feel healthy!