Friday, February 20, 2015

Fennel, pineapple and chia seeds smoothie

Now I don't know about you guys, but where I live the winter has been loooooong. Too long... After months of hearty, comforting stews I find myself craving something on the lighter side for a healthy lunch (or dinner, or snack even!).

Sometimes, the best recipes come from improvising with whatever is lying around in the fridge/freezer/pantry.

Here's the recipe I came up with for a refreshing smoothie, chock full of nutrients, fibers and vitamin C.



INGREDIENTS (for 2 smoothies):
- 1 fennel bulb, chopped and reserve a few leaves for decoration
- 1 cup frozen pineapple
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 cup goat milk yogurt
- 1 tbsp honey, plus a drizzle for decoration


RECIPE:
- put everything in the blender and blitz until smooth and creamy!

- drizzle some honey and decorate with fennel leaves

- enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment