This is the ultimate leftover upcycling recipe!
Now, I don't know about you but I love me a nice hot bowl of chicken noodle soup and a biscuit when the weather is frigid and I just need a little bit of comfort in my life :)
The only problem is that leftover chicken noodle soup is not the most appealing thing in the world, what with the noodles getting super soggy and all… And those day-old biscuits that are glorified edible hockey pucks…
I wanted to transform my leftovers into something fun and yummy-looking and I came up with the idea of those nuggets. I served them with a side of fresh spinach salad and it was all I could ask for!
Here's how I made them.
- leftover chicken noodle soup (click here for a recipe)
- leftover biscuits (the staler the better)
- a splash of olive oil
- crumble the biscuits and drain the soup (reserve the solids and either discard the broth or use it in another recipe that requires chicken broth)
- mix the drained soup solids until well mixed and adjust texture with some of the biscuit crumbs if needed
- using a table spoon, form patties and drop them in the biscuit crumbs to coat them
- fry the nuggets in the olive oil over medium heat until golden and warm through (about 2-3 minutes per side)
- serve with a side salad for a quick and easy meal :)