INGREDIENTS (for 6 people):
- 1,2 kg cubed veal meat
- 1 large onion, stuck with 2 cloves
- 3 tbsp crème fraiche (thick cream is good too)
- 1 egg yolk
- 50g flour
- 1 bayleaf, 2 sprigs thyme
- juice of a lemon (to taste)
- 10 black pepper corns
- Put the meat and the "cloved" onion in a large pan, and cover with cold water. Add some salt, and bring slowly to a boil. Simmer for 30 minutes and remove the froth that will form at the surface.
- Meanwhile, peal the carrots, and cut them in big chunks. Wash the leeks, and tie them together with the bayleaf and thyme. Add everything to the boiling meat, as well as the 10 pepper corns. Cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- Peel the small onions, and cook them for 10 minutes in salted boiling water.
- Clean the mushrooms, and cut them in half (or quarts, depending on the size). Sauté them in a pan with a little butter. Salt, and put aside.
- Melt the 60 g butter in a pan. Add the flour and cook for 1 minute on medium heat. Add the filtered broth progressively, stirring continously until the sauce is smooth. Cook for a few minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Add the meat and vegetables to the sauce again (after removing the string from the leeks), and heat gently.