Monday, July 14, 2014

Pea tendrils, raw kohlrabi, chioggia beets and goat cheese salad

This recipe was born yesterday morning after I hauled a ton of veggies from a local farmers market. Simple as that. I found myself with a bag of pea tendrils (never tried them before), two kohlrabis (50 cents apiece) and a bunch of beets, which until I sliced them open that same evening I thought were plain red (my inner food dork was hella happy). I started thinking of a dish as soon as I was back on my bike and on my way home, and this is what I came up with.

Hope you'll enjoy!



INGREDIENTS (for 2 people):
- 1/2 bag of pea tendrils (about 2 cups)
- 1 raw kohlrabi
- 1 cooked chioggia beet (any beet will do)
- about a 1 inch slice of fresh goat cheese (the recipe can be adapted to a vegan diet by leaving out the goat cheese)
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper


RECIPE:
- peel and slice the kohlrabi and beet very finely using a mandolin

- prepare the dressing: mix the salt, pepper, honey, vinegar and oil
- place the sliced roots on a bed of pea tendrils, sprinkle the crumbled goat cheese and drizzle the dressing over the salad
- enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment